For more than a decade, health insurance and health insurance reform has been part of the national debate. From rising medical costs, increased premiums, changes in coverage, reduction in employer healthcare contributions and you and your family’s ever changing health care needs, choosing which policy and coverage are best can be a very daunting task.
There are so many variables to consider – deductibles, pre-existing conditions, maximum lifetime coverage and varying types insurance add-ons! It is no surprise that many individuals and families find themselves with the wrong type of coverage or not enough coverage and therefore are faced with tough decisions about their medical care.
The purpose of this series of articles is to help demystify the process of choosing health insurance for you and your family. When you understand the terminology, know the right questions to ask and are aware of your health insurance needs and budget you can confidently choose a plan that will best protect your family.
In this series, we will cover the following health insurance issues:
- Introduction (you are here)
- Finding the Right Health Insurance Plan
- Compare Different Health Care Plans
- Insurance Rates and Deductibles
- Co-Pay versus Co-Insurance
- Pre-existing Conditions
- HMO or PPO: Which Should You Choose?
- Individual Health Insurance Extras
- Finding Maternity Coverage
- Getting Proper Quotes
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Health Insurance Checklists
As you read each article, there will be a link back to this Table of Contents, if you should want to follow the articles through in order.